I probably make this pizza dough once a week at least.
When I finish work, I’ll often chuck these ingredients in the breadmaker and put it on the dough cycle and go out and walk the dogs. By the time I’m back, the dough will be ready to be rolled out to make pizza, panzerottis (calzones), or even just a quickie garlic bread.
- 1/2 cup good beer (I like a red ale)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 2 & 1/4 cups flour (up to half could be whole wheat)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 1-2 tsp yeast (use 2 tsps if not using sourdough starter, 1 tsp if using)
- 1-2 tsp seasoning (basil, rosemary, oregano, italian mix are good choices, I have a rosemary and white pine blend I like to use for this, a bunch of garlic powder would also be sweet)
- optional: 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup sourdough discard
Place in bread maker on dough cycle
When dough cycle is done, place on well floured surface and roll out with a rolling pin into desired shape
Top with your favourite plant based toppings
Bake at 425F for 10-15 minutes