Learn how to make a delicious, filling meal size salad from scratch!
Marinate the tofu and make the dressing the night, morning, or at least 30 minutes before cooking the toppings. Keep the ingredients out — they use a lot of the same bottles from the back of your cupboard.
Chop 1 lb of tofu
- 1/4 cup soy sauce / braggs/ coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch nub of ginger, grated or minced
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
You can do this in a reused plastic bag, or just chuck it in a container and shake it up every now and then. A mason jar works great too! Just remember to shake it up every now and then to ensure good coverage.
Asian Style Dressing
- 1 cup oil (sunflower, canola, peanut, up to half EVOO)
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 2-4 TBSP of sweet stuff (agave/local honey/brown sugar/coconut sugar)
- 1-2 TBSP soy sauce/braggs/coconut aminos
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/4 – 1/2 inch nub of ginger, minced or grated
- 2 TBSP mayo
Combine in a jar, shake the hell out of it and then chill. Give it a shake every so often.
Toast Cashews & Sesame Seeds
Toast cashews in a cast iron pan over medium heat until some parts are golden.
When they are almost ready, add and toast sesame seeds in cast iron until yellowy gold and fragrant.
Remove & set aside.
Fry the marinated tofu
Drain tofu from marinade
Head oil (coconut, canola, etc) in cast iron over medium high heat
Fry tofu until gold:
When tofu is almost ready, add a bit more marinade and let the tofu ‘steam’ until marinade is almost gone.
Remove IMMEDIATELY from heat once liquid is gone.
- fill bowl with greens
- 1 chopped peeled orange
- 1/2 – 1 chopped cucumber
- 1/4 – 1/2 sliced red onion
- 1/2 – 1 red pepper
Toss with enough dressing to cover — not sure how much? Add a little, toss and taste, repeat until delicious.