Have you read a package of commercially made Arrowroot cookies lately? Nevermind vegan, holy unnecessary and weird ass ingredients, batman!
This version can be made and cleaned up within 30 minutes and I humbly think is better than store bought.
This also makes about 15 cookies – just enough for my lil family. Double if you want more than 1 tray.
Preheat oven to 350 F
Mix your wet ingredients
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 TBSP Aquafaba (juice strained from a can of chickpeas, if this is a new concept, google it and change your life <3)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 1 TBSP nondairy milk (I’ve tried with soy as well as oat, all good).
In a separate bowl, mix your dry ingredients
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour/starch
- 1 cup regular white flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powdersome salt
Form little balls in your hand first, then smoosh them into discs.
You can make fork marks if you want, totally optional.
Cook for 10-14 minutes. My oven takes 12 minutes.